“By using the kakugama, I was able to evenly cook the sweetbread and maintain the natural softness of the ingredients.”
300g cleaned heart’s sweetbread
100g vegetables for broth (carrot, celery, onion)
2ℓ mineral water
1 bay leaf
4 grain of Black pepper
4 green onions
Fresh seasonal herbs (arugula, sorrel, phlox flower and lippia mint)
1. Prepare the broth by adding the kakugama to the mineral water, the vegetables cut into cubes of about 3 cm each, the bay leaf, the black pepper and the clove. Bring the broth to the boil for about 15 minutes, pass it through a sieve then add the salt, white wine and vinegar.
2. Add the sweetbread to the broth and simmer for 15 minutes, then remove the sweetbread from the broth and let it cool.
3. Wash the green onions thoroughly, cut them into small pieces, sprinkle them with salt and grill them with the external lid of the kakugama until lightly browned.
4. Saute the sweetbread in the kakugama with butter, add the grilled green onions, cover with the wooden lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Serve the sweetbread and the green onions on a plate and garnish it with the fresh herbs.