Ingredients (4 servings)
1 small squid
1/2 yellow paprika
4 brussel sprouts
100 g lotus root
1/2 red onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Devein the shrimp. Prepare squid by removing innards and then cutting the body into rings. Cut the legs into appropriate sized pieces.
2. Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut into pieces. Do not remove the potato skin. Peel some parts of the zucchini and cut into 1 cm round pieces. Cut the paprika into easy to eat sizes. Cut the brussel sprouts in half, and cut the lotus root into triangular pieces. Cut the red onion in half and then slice into thick pieces.
3. Wash the vegetables in number 2, drain, and put in the carbon pot.
4. Add the seafood from number 1, sprinkle with salt, put on the lid and then heat on high. When steam comes out from the side of the pot, lower the heat to medium-low and then heat for another 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and steam for 3 minutes. Eat by dipping into anchovy mayonnaise.
Finely chop the anchovies and mix in a bowl with grated garlic and mayonnaise.
By cooking without using water, the ingredients' flavor and nutrients are not lost, making the natural taste of the vegetables stand out. The potatoes and lotus root will have a soft texture in addition to the zucchini and brussel sprouts, all absorbing the savory taste of the seafood.
The result will remind you of a special meal.
Compared to cooking with other pots, the ingredients will not burn and stick to the bottom and the ingredients are cooked thoroughly and soft.
After serving as chef at a French restaurant, Seiichi Horio established HORIO COOKING