Ingredients (4 servings)
1. Cut the potatoes into large bite-sized pieces, soak in water for 2-3 minutes, then drain in a colander to remove excess water. Cut the onion into slices and the carrot into pieces.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over high heat and add the beef. Stir-fry until browned.
3. Add the onion, carrot and potatoes to the pot in that order and stir-fry together.
4. When the oil coats everything, add water and bring to a boil. Skim off any scum that rises to the surface, then reduce the heat to medium and add the ingredients from section (A).
5. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to steam for 5 minutes. Serve in bowls and garnish with boiled salted silk beans, if available.
The smooth surface of the carbon pot makes it easy to separate and sear ingredients for a satisfying cooking experience. Its ability to produce a beautiful sear helps lock in flavors without excessive scum. When covered during cooking, it creates a high degree of sealing and light pressure, ensuring that meat is nicely browned and imparts a delightful aroma without unwanted odors.
After serving as chef at a French restaurant, Seiichi Horio established HORIO COOKING