A simple recipe created by our ambassador chef, Toru Okuda.ANAORI presents a recipe that can be easily recreated at home in a short time thanks to the kakugama’s carbon graphite functionality.
When cooked on a grill pan, it takes the grease out of the pork and fluffs up the interior of the meat.
Using the far-infrared effect and heat retention properties of carbon graphite allows for shorter cooking times than usual. Because kakugama can seal in flavor, food can be cooked in a short time and still taste good.
Ingredients for 4 servings
400g pork belly(cut into 4 pieces)
- Grill the pork on all four sides in the ANAORI kakugama grill pan over low heat.
* Remove some of the fat from the pork.
- In the kakugama pot, add the following ingredients at the indicated quantity: water, sake, ginger, long onion, soy sauce, and sugar. Remove excess grease from the pork in step 1 with kitchen paper, place the pork in the pot, and cook over high heat until it comes to a boil (until kakugama is hot), then reduce heat to medium heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
(This step allows the flavors to sink in.)
- Cut the pork into pieces of suitable size and serve on a plate along with boiled eggs (not included in the ingredients) cut in half, if desired.